How can I change the password for my D-Link AC1750 router?
Click to your browser and navigate it to the web address http://dlinkrouter.local and instantly you will get the prompt to enter your IP address that is 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. The default username is ADMIN that you should enter at the field of username, and leave the password field blank, and then login by clicking at the Login tab.
- On the bar of your computer’s screen, click at ‘SETUP’ and then click to “Wireless Security ” there you can enter a new password.
- Come down by scrolling your mouse and tap on to “Wireless Security Mode” and then enter the new password that you want to set. It should be something unique and difficult to break by anyone.
- Never forget to save the settings at the end by tapping to SAVE SETTINGS option.
- You have successfully set up your new password and that is ready to use.
Reset D-Link AC1750 router to its default settings
The reset process is very important and essential that we must know to perform. Sometimes we forget the password of our router or face errors, like dropping the connection, bricked router, and synchronisation with the modem. In that situation, we need to perform the factory default reset process. Here we are describing the methods and steps to reset your router.
- You have to locate the reset button on your router. It can be at the back of the router.
- Use a pointed object or a sharp-pointed pen or pencil to press the reset button.
- Sharp pointed pin is required because the reset button has been embedded a little inside the router that cannot be pressed with your figure.
- Press the reset button for not less than 10 to 15 seconds, and then release gently.
- The router will start rebooting itself and it will surely take a few minutes, so you have to wait till then.
- After finishing the process, the WAN light will stop blinking, it indicates that your router has been set to its previous factory default settings.
- Now you can use your default credentials to install your router and then you can set a new password as well.